The Student News Site of Holman Middle School

The Pirate Post

Best Games That Came to The Switch For September 2017

Kyle Huynh

As the beginning of Autumn it is also the beginning of a ton of games coming onto the switch.  Some games that have come out the month of September are Golf Story, Thimbleweed Park, Lego® Worlds, R.B.I Baseball 2017, The Bridge, NeuroVoider, Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition, Morphite, Rayman® Legends Definitive Edition, Pan-Pan, Kingdom: New Lands, Semi Sphere, NBA 2K18, Soldam, Steamworld Dig 2, Pokkén Tournament DX, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, The Lego Ninjago The Movie Video game, ONE PIECE: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition, and EA SPORTS FIFA 18. We will be covering five of the best games that have came out on the switch this month. None of these game are in order from least to greatest
  • Golf Story has eight different golf courses and it also has RPG elements included. Play as a golfer who gave up everything he had at one last shot to accomplish his dreams. This game came out on September 28.
  • Thimbleweed Park is a point-and-click adventure game where you solve a murder in a town. You play as FBI agents Ray and Reyes who have located some key suspects in this investigation. Thimbleweed Park has high ratings and is on multiple devices. This game came out the the 21st and has an 8.5 IGN rating.
  • Pokkén Tounament DX is basically a definitive edition of the of the original Pokkén Tournament that released for the Wii U back in 2016. The DX version adds five new pokémon to the game darkrai, croagunk, decidueye, empoleon, and scizor. They also have a new team battle added that lets you choose three different pokémon out of 21 pokémon. They have a new daily challenge mode that gives you more skill points for your pokémon and a split screen mode for local player. The split screen mode takes a major hit to the frame rate even though there are borders on the top and bottom. This game came out on the 22nd and has an 8.0 IGN rating.
  • Steamworld Dig 2 was a highly anticipated game for the switch. Play as a steambot named Dorothy looking for her friend Rusty. Dig your way underground and explore the vivid world filled with treasures, traps, secrets. Steamworld Dig 2 was released on September 21st and has an 8.8 IGN rating.
  • NBA 2K18 released September 15 digitally and and next month they will release the cartridge hard copy of the game. You will need a micro SD card to download the game with its 23 GB file. You will have some new things added to the game like Run in The Neighborhood, Road to 99, MyTEAM, Motion Controls, some new special commentary guests Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett, all time teams, and classic teams. NBA 2K18 has a score of 76 on metacritc and a 8.4 on IGN.

These are some of the best games released on the switch in September. I hope you enjoyed!